SciPy.in 2011 Sprint Schedule
Day 5, Thursday, December 8th, 2011
- Changing Mayavi/TVTK to use VTK's "new" pipeline.
- Mayavi currently uses VTK's old pipeline structure and this is to be
deprecated in future VTK releases. This is important for the future
- See here
- This change will be invasive and will require a fair bit of work. You
will need to know VTK fairly well and also Traits and Mayavi.
- Documentation on Traits, Mayavi and Envisage are available from here
- Mayavi's support for PyQt/Pyside is not tested and doesn't work properly. We will try to fix this if time permits. Requires knowledge of TraitsUI and PyQt/PySide.
These sprint sessions are for those who already have a through knowledge about the given topics and are willing to contribute to open source projects.
Please contact Puneeth <puneeth [at] enthought.com> or Pankaj <pankaj [at] enthought.com> to register and know more about the sessions